Saturday, May 14, 2022

Ashton Hall by Lauren Belfer


Ashton Hall
by Lauren Belfer is the perfect read for anyone who loves old books, centuries-old, rambling English houses, or England itself. I’m not going to re-hash the plot. Betrayal of trust, other kinds of loss, the challenge of juggling career and child care, unexpected romance, and a mystery all figure in the story. The characters and situation are interesting and Hannah Larson's stay at Ashton Hall is one most bibliophiles and old house buffs would kill for.                                                                                                         And it's a novel that leaves the reader pondering one's own idea of fulfillment.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and did not have to make any notes about grammatical fluffs, awkward word choice, errors of fact or the other things that put me off a book. Clearly, I need to read more of Ms. Belfer’s novels. 

I received an ARC for my unbiased review.


No comments:

Post a Comment