Friday, October 21, 2016

If I Were a Mobster


"If I were a mobster. . . "

You're kidding, right? Oh, like an interview.

Hi. My name is Jerry Howarth. Do not call me Jerome. I don’t like it.

My boss?  I am the boss. I got my own little mob. Loansharking, collections, vice, mostly. Small stuff, but it pays.

Seattle, Washington is my turf. I grew up there. It’s not all Microsoft and techies.

 What's my look? Are you pulling my chain?  Sport shirt, chinos, a sport coat for dress up. Although my Emma picks them now. Sometimes she makes me wear a suit.

The last time I needed a gun, I used a Bersa Thunder .380. I don’t carry usually—don’t need to. I’ve got guys for that. Besides, if the cops pull me over, they hassle me if I’m carrying.

I like a car that’s not going to be pulled over every time I drive it, so no red Corvette. Something like ordinary folks drive. A Toyota, a Chrysler, a Subaru. Something like that, in gray or white. With enough room for shoulders and long legs. Enough cargo space. I shop at Costco more than I do car chases.

What I’m known for depends on who you ask. Cop circles, I’m famous for never having been tried for anything. My friends would probably say, Emma.   

I don’t have a catch phrase, if you mean something like Make it so. Maybe Huh. . . disorganized crime.

Sure, I got hobbies. Movie classics like Casablanca and Seven Samurai. A boat that sucks up money. Rye whiskey. Sometimes I like to read, a habit I picked up from Emma. She likes romance. I go for stories about guys like me, like 30 Seconds Before


30 SECONDS BEFORE BLURB:

Blake Herro is a cop in the Cleveland Police Force. Ever since he was a child he wanted to do right by the city he loved by cleaning up the streets and protecting its citizens. Red, a notorious mobster, has other plans.

On a bitter December night, ten police officers are drawn into a trap and killed by Red’s followers. Blake wants to bring down the Mob to avenge his fallen brothers and to prevent other cops from being murdered. Except the only way he can do that is by infiltrating the Mob.

Every minute he’s with these mobsters he’s in danger. Around every corner lies the threat of coming face to face with a gun. Will he make it out of the Mob alive or will he be their next victim?

BUY LINKS:



To celebrate, 30 Seconds, the follow up story, is on sale for 99 cents!


Sale Oct. 21st – Nov. 4th

SALE LINKS:



BIO:

Chrys Fey is the author of the Disaster Crimes Series (Hurricane Crimes and Seismic Crimes), as well as these releases from The Wild Rose Press: 30 Seconds, Ghost of Death, and Witch of Death. Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter


Now please hop around to the other participants: 



8 comments:

  1. Jerry sounds like a real bad ass. I love how you tied 30 Seconds Before into his hobbies. Clever. ;)

    Thank you so much for participating in my Mobfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mob boss that has to answer to his wife. Yep, I can see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell by the tone you don't like being messed with. I'm not messing. Promise. Besides we might meet in the frozen food aisle at Costco and I don't want no trouble there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you are keeping it low key and simple. Keeps the BIG guns from noticing you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I think being vague about your vehicle is a protection tactic. I mean, how can we track you down if we have no idea what you're driving?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete